Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
abc987
New Contributor II

FTP Download of Firmware Images not available

Hi all, from our account the FTP Download of Fortinet Firmware Images is not available for the moment. 530 Login incorrect HTTPS Download is ok Does anybody know about this? When it will come back?

FCNSP/WCSP

FCNSP/WCSP
1 Solution
hohosecure
New Contributor III

The change to the HQIP download was made sometime last year.  It now looks for the correct version of HQIP based upon your SN (since many different HQIP versions can exist for some models).

If you are not seeing a link to download for your SN then check the error message.  I am guessing that it is not finding your SN and then will ask you to contact support for help.

H.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
neonbit
Valued Contributor

It looks like the default FTP credentials have been changed :(
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

You can grab the new credentials at support.fortinet.com - just have a look at the ftp link there
SteveRoadWarrior
New Contributor III

Credentials changed again.  No longer is there an FTP link on the support site.

Come on Fortinet, don't be like Cisco.

pcraponi

SteveRoadWarrior wrote:

Credentials changed again.  No longer is there an FTP link on the support site.

Come on Fortinet, don't be like Cisco.

I think that has no FTP anymore... The support site now are only HTTPS download. And ony one download at a time.

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
andymemo
New Contributor III

I think that has no FTP anymore... The support site now are only HTTPS download. And ony one download at a time.

Confirming same problem here. Looks like no more FTP support / direct access to firmware - not ideal! :(

SteveRoadWarrior
New Contributor III

Support tech I'm communicating with says that we need to provide feedback:

[https] : //support.fortinet.com/Feedback.aspx

So, I'm providing feedback. 

If you don't like this, PLEASE LOG INTO YOUR PORTAL AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE FTP

Paul_Dean
Contributor

I'm really annoyed by this and have left some feedback. I have also created a ticket.

Why do vendors decide to put up barriers that make it more difficult to work with them?

Does anyone know where I can download an HQIP image for a FG200A? I need to test one but the contract has expired.

NSE4
NSE4
andymemo
New Contributor III

Paul Dean wrote:

Does anyone know where I can download an HQIP image for a FG200A? I need to test one but the contract has expired.

FG200A's were EOO in August 2011, they are pretty old... might be time to upgrade! ;)

hohosecure
New Contributor III

Paul,

If you still have other equipment under contract then you should still have access to the Support site and be able to download HQIP images.

H.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors