Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SMK
New Contributor

FTM deprovision

We are receiving following error message from few weeks,

"ftm deprovision: disabled local user because ftm activation expired. admin must be cautious to re-enable this user because it will be allowed access without token"

What can be the reason for this. These users are already activated their soft tokens and worked without any issues. Suddenly they faced this FTM deprovisioning issue.

Model: FortiAuthenticator VM

FortiAuthenticator

15 REPLIES 15
funkylicious
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi,

If I recall correctly that is because the user has failed to activate the FTK in the allocated time, which is configurable.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAuthenticator/Technical-Tip-FortiAuthenticator-Expired-FTM-Ac...

geek
geek
SMK

Hi,

These users are not new; they have already activated their tokens and worked well without any issues for a long time. Suddenly, they have faced this issue.

As per my understanding, we don't need to worry about the initially allocated time after activation. Once activated it will work. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

funkylicious

Hi,

You are correct, this should not affect existing users and already activated tokens.

It might be a case were you should engage TAC in order to figure out where the issue might be, because if this happened to existing users it might indicate a issue.

geek
geek
SMK

Thanks for your reply.

We are in the middle of contract renewal process. Any other suggestions to overcome this issue until then?

gmsrt_69
New Contributor

Do you found solution because i have the same problem.

Blade
New Contributor

We have the same issue started today.... system bug, expired SNs? 

gmsrt_69
New Contributor

FTM deprovision: disabled remote LDAP user 'simon' because FTM activation has expired. Admin must be cautious to re-enable this user because it will be allowed access without token.

Token are expire with no reason.

fcatena

Hi everyone,
I've been having the same problem for a few days, does anyone have any news?

Thank you

readerik
New Contributor

Our organization is facing the same issue since last few days. With over 1000 users total, we have random accounts being deprovisioned.

Which fortiAC version are you using?

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors