Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
William_Ng
New Contributor

FSSO on High Availability Setup

Have you guys encountered issue when you have an active-standby HA Units with FSSO enabled (FSSO agent on Domain Joint Machine)

My Setup Brief:

Code:5.4.2

FSSO Agent (Not DC Agent Directly get from fortinet support site): 5.0.0251

FSSO polling method: FSSO Agent Polling (Advanced mode, very important since I ran through a lot of reading said the new code required advanced mode rater standard which support older code like 5.2.x)

Agent Installed: 2012 r2 (2 Agents on the network)

DC: 2008 r2 (2DC on the network)

Network: all FSSO Agent Machine, DC are in same subnet, with an A-P HA Fortigate 600D also has the interface on DC,FSSO agent subnet

Agent is functional with logon user displayed around a 1000+ users

Issue:

When failover occur, FSSO Users on Firewall has almost the same amount of User ~9xx - 1xxx. After 5 - 10mins the user amount dropped to 1x~7X users and identity based policy stopped working.

Debug:

I tried this command

diag debug authd fsso list

It shows almost all users information on cli by the time the GUI only shown 1x~7X users

I ran through all this kb told (just use fsso for those command instead fase)

http://kb.fortinet.com/kb/viewContent.do?externalId=FD31819

Still no Luck

Workaround:

Glad that I am lucky to have a workaround for this situation.

Simply go to the FSSO agent GUI > show logon user > Clear User cache 

After another 5 - 10 mins, user will finally get back on firewall user GUI and the event log will not showing IPs but User name again.

If there are any solution or suggest required my partial configuration, I m happy to share.

But if that is the fact of FSSO working on HA pairs, will that be a big problem.

I m new to Fortigate so I may have mistake on configuration and please enlighten me.

2 REPLIES 2
William_Ng
New Contributor

This issue was reported to Fortinet support and during investigation on configuration issue.

I would keep posting the result.

William_Ng
New Contributor

Hey Guys,

After support case has been filed and reproduce the symptoms to the support.

They are now closing the case as it is a bug on 5.4.2 GA.

And recommend to downgrade to 5.2.10 to overcome this issue for now.

So please be marked.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors