Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
GLOBAL
New Contributor II

FSSO broken on one of the ADs server.

Hello!

I need some help. I have 3 ADs server, where my FSSO agents are installed in collector mode. Yesterday right around mid day we started to receive reports that the authentication has droped for several users (and by several i mean almost 1000 users). Most have than already athenticated on the login portal Fortigate displays when not using NTLM or FSSO to auto login; a few users with NTLM also did succesfully logged on. On trying to diagnose the problem i noticed that there where only 10 users using FSSO (looked at "Firewall User Monitor on my fortigate). Furter diagnostic directly on the FSSO agent on AD2 have also showed only 10-11 users on " Show logged on users".

fssousers.PNG

I have validated and i could see login and logoff events on thge "event Viewer", still can:

logonevents.PNG

I took a look at the FSSO log directly and i could see me Fortigate connecting on that agent, but i don't see a disconnect log:

fssolog.PNG

My external connector on every Fortigate has all 3 agents configured, some althought the AD 2 where configured as primary was selecting the AD1 server (in bold). I don't know if that unit experienced problems though. When i altered the primary from AD2 to AD1, my Fortigate received every logged on events and the lists was filled with people authenticated using FSSO and all was back to normal. I have re inserted the password for the user on the service (service.msc) but i don't have the information about the user configured on the FSSO agent and on my Fortigates. All should be the same. What explanation could there be for FSSO to simply stop on one of my servers?

2 REPLIES 2
kumarh
Staff
Staff

At the time of issue, have you checked  the AD2 server's CPU and memory usage to ensure it's not under heavy load? because it  could impact the FSSO agent performance.

GLOBAL
New Contributor II

Hello Kumarh, had no extreme memory usage or high load. Although the memory freed some bytes at 1500 hours it was way after the problem had been resolved by me. And probably do to logoff of administrative users that access AD2 server. It could even be my session ending that freed that memory haha.
ad2load.PNGad2mem.PNG

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors