Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
CBaezLe
New Contributor III

FSSO Polling and authentication portal.

Hi everyone.

I have a FortiWifi 90D currently running the IOS 5.2.3 and I'm having some issues with the Authentication portal after a user login time's out or if the computer is not part of the domain. In the 5.0.X the user had to re-authenticate in a editable portal (Captive Portal), but now when you try to access the internet there's no portal and nothing happens.

Is there a new config that I'm not aware of?

Thank you in advance.

1 Solution
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

basically said 5.2 is a bit new from authentication point of view and few things changed from 5.0

better check What's new on docs.fortinet.com

in details, captive portal is not implicitly listening once you make identity-based policy and you need to activate it on respective interface. If you want to pass the portal for some destinations then there is exemption list configurable for that purpose. Both in interface config on FortiGate GUI.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

basically said 5.2 is a bit new from authentication point of view and few things changed from 5.0

in details, captive portal is not implicitly listening once you make identity-based policy and you need to activate it on respective interface. If you want to pass the portal for some destinations then there is exemption list configurable for that purpose. Both in interface config on FortiGate GUI.

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

CBaezLe
New Contributor III

xsilver wrote:

Thank you xsilver... I will look into that!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors