Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TR
New Contributor

FSSO: DC_Agent remote installation - pass collector parameters?

Has anyone performed remote installations of the DC agent to their domain controllers?  I'm in the midst of planning out my FSSO integration between my Fortinet devices and my internal AD.  I have a bunch of DC's that I need to install the DC agent upon but I'd like to streamline the process a bit rather than manually logging into each DC and performing a manual installation of the agent software itself.

The DC agent I'm using (under the 6.2.7 train of code) has an MSI installer and from testing, it looks like the only main parameter I need to customize during the install is the set of collector IP's that the agent will be passing data to.  Is there a way to pass that information to the MSI file at the CLI based install time?

Thanks,

T.

2 REPLIES 2
Alivo__FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello T,

You should find your answer here: https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/cookbook/573568/installing-the-fsso-agent

In other words, the DC Agents can be installed remotely from Collector Agent.

Best Regards,

Alivo

livo

xsilver_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, besides the possibility of installing DCAgents directly from CollectorAgent (noted above by Pavel_Livonec, and which I would see as preferred way), there is possibility to pass CLI parameters directly. Example: DCAgent_Setup_5.0.0264_x64.msi /qn /norestart APPDIR="c:\dcagentinstallfolder" COLLECTORAGENTLIST="1.2.3.4:567;9.8.7.6:543" /lv "c:\install-log-optional.log

Tomas Stribrny - NASDAQ:FTNT - Fortinet Inc. - TAC Staff Engineer
AAA, MFA, VoIP and other Fortinet stuff

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors