Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FSAE Issue. Looking for some direction ...

300A running 3.0 build 474 (I beleive MR3) / Win2003 DC/GC/WINS/DNS/DHCP I have installed the agent to my server with no errors or question. I have made a service account like it requires. In the User/Windows AD tab I created a new FSAE collector. I specified the IP of the server and i assuem the password is is the service account password??? The documentation is very poor this. I used a port scanner and I beleive my server has these to ports open. Am I correct in saying this agen uses to ports. 8000 to listen and 8002 and do its thing??? Since the documentation ofrom begening to end is poor does anybody know the setup steps from installing the agent to the server all the way to loggin into VPN from a users desktop with the existing working vpn client that used to run off the User/Local tab data base??? Not an Idiot or an Expert 3rd year of using forti products Site to Site VPN in Hub & Spoke config full messed. ---Work--- 300 300A 200A 60WiFi 60 FortiLog-400 ---Home--- 60
7 REPLIES 7
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

I hope your configuration is fully meshed (not messed ). Anyway, build 474 has been known to contain more than a few serious bugs, one of the most published being the inability for workstations to contact the Windows Update web site. I would try patching up to a newer build before I start pulling my hair out.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Not applicable

Sorry about the type O' s. I just wrecked my dirt bike and am working with a right broken wrist in 2 places with a cast and a left sprained wrist and bused hand. Ok so where did the windows update site no being contacted come in play. That is a super easy fix. Just throw in the 2 Microsoft update IP in the address section and get it into a policy and wamo. I have never had an issue with the Microsoft update site from 2.5 MR I can’t remember to 3.0 build 474 My question is have configured the server and firewall correctly? So to be clearer I am using a 300A on 3.0 build 474 using the User / Local Tab and this works just great and has been my orig config. This week I am trying to move over to the FSAE. If nothing has changed can I use my already configured clients and just check the use domain box so they are asked for domain user and pass??? Because of the bad documentation can you use the same Microsoft VPN client software that is configured?
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Please, update the code. That may be all you need. They patched it 5 times for a reason.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Not applicable

Fortigate is esoteric stuff burn a voodoo dull with some unix programmer blood while update your firmware, it will work alot better by the way I' m having the same question last week and my tech' s reseller have just said to me to put RADIUS instead of FSAE, relating the fact that the FSAE feature is a fake... what can I think about that now, I borred a little my friend, thx to helping me again and again, we are on the same ship........
red_adair
New Contributor III

From our own experience - you' ll need MR4 and FSAE build 21 to have fun with it :) -R.
Not applicable

MR4 Patch 5 Build 0483 Latest MR4 Patch Build * Several HA synchronization issues * HTTPS blocking problems * SSL-VPN and HA synchronization bug *NOTE* THIS requires FortiManager MR4 or later So what does this mean you need Forti Manager MR4 to install patch5 to a 300A running build 3.0 474??? P.S to Semafo inc. At first I thought your reply was the stupidest thing I have ever read, but... After reading Forti site stuff all day and am ready to puke with inability to produce a single stable working firm without having 10 to choose from depending on what features you don’t use cause they don’t work. Dam I agree with your voodoo response. Not really in Forti' s defense but I don’t think they suck or can’t put out descent firms. I think the real problem is they have come to a bad fork in the road and I mean a 3 way fork. I think technology is going in several different directions and they can’t seem to get all the forks working in 1 firm. It feels to me like they truly have a need to have 3 spin offs for each in some manner of speaking. A soho level of config a medium business like features and big dog stuff HA on 3000s or something level. I don’t know but I fell some pattern emerging but can’t put my thumb on it. [size=3][/size]
abelio

*NOTE* THIS requires FortiManager MR4 or later So what does this mean you need Forti Manager MR4 to install patch5 to a 300A running build 3.0 474???
It means that IF you run Fortimanager to manage your Fortigate boxes, you' ll need the FM MR4 build to manage this FGT build. Not so complicated.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors