Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
rcarreras
New Contributor III

FQDN Policy routing ( FortiOS 5.4.5 )

Hi,

I am using WAN Link Load Balancing in order to load balance user's internet traffic through two low cost and high bandwidth FTTH connections. It's working fine. I have a high cost and less bandwith circuit ( but extremely reliable ) that I am using for incoming traffic for internet ( VIP's ), and I would like to use this connection also for some specific user web traffic. I'd like to route through this connection a list of FQDN hosts as destination.

* I think thant we can discard policy routing option as it only works for IP address / networks / ports /... but not FQDN

* I have seen that you can configure WAN LLB rules in order to specify outgoing interface, but I have tried it with FQDN Adress objects and it has not worked.

* I have reviewed this Fortinet KC Article : Technical Note: How to configure FortiGate to perform routing based on specific URLs but I think that it's an old article , and it seems like a messy workaround.

Do you have any recommendation for this issue ?

Best regards,

Ricard

1 REPLY 1
Paul_S
Contributor

the article you link to seems to be the official way. perhaps you should open a support ticket to see if their our other options.

You have already mentioned two different ways. I am not sure there is a method that has the pros of both methods without the cons.

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x                   [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5  |  Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+

FG200D 5.6.5 (HA) - primary [size="1"]FWF50B' s 4.3.x, FG60D's 5.2.x, FG60E's 5.4.x [Did my post help you? Please rate my post.][/size] FAZ-VM 5.6.5 | Fortimail 5.3.11 Network+, Security+
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors