Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
TheJaeene
Contributor

FOS 5.6.0 no IPSEC Tunnel Uptime in GUI anymore...

anyone else got this "issue" ? [&:]

Regards,

Jan

1 Solution
TheJaeene

Hi Justfly,

FortiOS 6.0.x has the "Created" tab in the IPSEC Monitor which is kind of the old "Uptime" Tab.

Regards,

Jan

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g3rman
New Contributor

Right click on the column headings and select "Uptime" from the list.

A Real World Fortinet Guide Configuration Examples & Frequently Asked Questions http://firewallguru.blogspot.com
A Real World Fortinet Guide Configuration Examples & Frequently Asked Questions http://firewallguru.blogspot.com
FGTuser
New Contributor III

g3rman wrote:

Right click on the column headings and select "Uptime" from the list.

Unfortunately it's not there anymore in 5.6.x

FlavioB
New Contributor III

Hi there. FOS 5.6.3 and still no "Uptime" column. Did anyone ever raise a ticket for this issue?

Any feedback?

Thanks,

Flavio.

Jason_AIS

I have this same issue, I'm not sure why the up time feature would be taken away from ipsec monitoring.  It is useful for troubleshooting.  I believe I found a way around it.

diagnose vpn ike gateway list name Name_of_tunnel

name: xxxxx version: 1 interface: port6 13 addr: x.x.x.x:500 -> x.x.x.x:500 created: 1295629s ago auto-discovery: 0 IKE SA: created 1/48  established 1/48  time 130/132/150 ms IPsec SA: created 4/329  established 4/325  time 50/53/120 ms

using the created time appears to be accurate for me

Justfly
New Contributor II

Hi Jan

I notice the same issue with 5.6.x version. (Used previously 5.4)

Uptime is gone and the View in the GUI "IPsec Monitor" is sorted by Phase 1 and all Phase 2 IP's are mentioned in the same row.

Totally useless for troubleshooting purpose (e.g to notice that a particular Phase 2 session did not come up)

I opened a case to Fortinet to clarify this.

They told me the View in "IPsec Monitor" will be improved in Version 6.0.x but the Uptime does not come back.

(unless many people contact their Local Fortinet Representative and ask for getting this feature back)

Can not understand Fortinet's approach removing this flied and make GUI less useful for TS.

Best regards, Justfly

TheJaeene

Hi Justfly,

FortiOS 6.0.x has the "Created" tab in the IPSEC Monitor which is kind of the old "Uptime" Tab.

Regards,

Jan

saquino
New Contributor

Yes... you must configure the uptime and the keep alive time via CLI. Seems to be a gui unfinished thing.

FlavioB
New Contributor III

saquino wrote:

Yes... you must configure the uptime and the keep alive time via CLI. Seems to be a gui unfinished thing.

Can you show us where exactly in the CLI?

Thanks,

Flavio.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors