Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ahamza89
New Contributor

FORTISWITCH GOING OFFLINE

I'm facing issue with one of my fortiswitch that goes offlice.

troubled switch is 124F, connected to Core Fortiswitch 1048 over isl link on port9.

below is the log on core switch.

ahamza89_1-1664899116447.png

below log on the Troubled switch

ahamza89_2-1664899543705.png

How I can reboot the switch from fortigate, as this switch is authorized. after reboot it came up but after couple of hours went offline again

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ahamza89,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi,

do make sure one thing:

On FortiLink interface there must be the NTP service listening. As such, do make sure that the system time and time zone of the FortiGate is correct.

To reboot the device, you can CLI to the FortiGate and from there SSH into the switch as I would think it is not actually offline.

exec ssh admin@169.254.0.1, or whatever the switch IP is.

On the switch CLI: exec reboot

hope this does the trick.

Best regards,

Markus

ahamza89

???

ahamza89

it's not NTP issue as other 40 switches are online.

the troubled switch I cannot ssh as it's appearing offline which the port it's connected over trunk with another switch , that port is up.

below logs are from the switch port 28 is connected to the troubled (offline switch)

ahamza89_0-1666005577094.png

kindly assist , what causing this storm as all other Switches are working fine. troubled switch is configured to carry IPTV traffic. other switches are configured with same .

vbanerjee
Staff
Staff

It depends on the model of the FSW if it has an in built clock or not

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors