Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Partisan44
New Contributor

FORTINAC - 802.1X WITH WINDOWS 11 ISSUE -WIRED LAN

Hi 

I have this scenario ,whereby some user`s are prompted to "sign-in to network "a number of times immediately they connect to the LAN. while others are not affected ,it works automatically without any user interaction.

All The PC`s are windows 11 Laptop with the patch version 22H3.  

I have checked all the pc`s have the same certificates and also have the option of "verify server identity under Protected EAP Properties".

Any ideas on how i can solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
ebilcari
Staff
Staff

Based on your description it seems that this setup is using PEAP/MSCHAPv2.

Is the authentication succeeding in the end for these Win11 hosts (after several tries)? Does this behave like the credentials are not remembered (using old cached credentials) by the supplicant or FNAC is not accepting their valid credentials?

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Partisan44

The authentication is successful in the end,yes and it behaves like the credentials are not remembered by the supplicant.

On the supplicant the beliw settings are enabled(i have taken a generic photo ,and have omiited the servers configured)

peap-properties.png

 and

mschapv2-properties.png

ebilcari

Is this behavior happening once for a user at a specific interval (password policy duration) after password renewal or just randomly happening? If is the first scenario the 'Save credential' option may cause this:

save credentials.PNG

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
Partisan44

The prompt happens everytime he plugs in the cable ,while another user has no issues at all .

The save credential option is selected .

ebilcari

Have you tried to select the option to delete the credentials or is appearing as grayed out?

I did a search and it seems that windows will keep the credential saved in the registry: 

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wlansvc\UserData\Profiles\

- Emirjon
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors