Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
STOLLERXD
New Contributor II

FORTIGATE REMOTE ACCESS AND MONITORING

Hello everyone I need help. Let me explain you. On past customers have IP public and from my office I monitor and have remote access on fortigate.  now he changed he have always internet but without ip public how can I continue de have remote access to fortigate and monitor it. Waiting for you plse :pensive_face::pensive_face:. 

PS: port forwarding is option from ISPdont give me this possibility. 

10 REPLIES 10
Debbie_FTNT

Hey Stoller,

IF the FortiGate can maintain a tunnel to FortiCloud (and is set up for remote management from FortiCloud) then you could in theory connect to FortiGate through the existing management tunnel that FortiGate maintains to FortiCloud.

However, FortiCloud is entirely dependent on FortiGate setting up and maintaining the connection; it has no way of initiating one in the scenario you outlined. If the connection breaks down, there is no way to configure anything from FortiCloud or regain access; direct (physical) access to the FortiGate is required to troubleshoot anything.

Whereas, if the FortiGate is reachable directly (through port-forwarding or similar), there are more options to verify that FortiGate is reachable, and to connect to it (ping, HTTPS, ssh, etc), without actually going to the FortiGate's location.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors