Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Tertius
New Contributor

FORTIAUTH SETUP

Hello Hi all

can you please share some more insight for setting up the FortiAuth and Fortigate product to do RADIUS auth.

I followed the cook book video for setting the RADIUS on both device, and the test is successful when checking on the fortigate product. 

the cookbook continues to setup usergroups on the Fortigate and setup ssl VPN do I need these last two steps or is the products suppose to work after only configuration the radius client and server.

Also will I be able to authenticate using EdgeMax switches and OpenMesh APs? or do I need to change the equipment to fortinet products?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
cbabfat
New Contributor III

I don't do any of the products you have with our Authenticator, but I would warn you to double check and make sure that you want to use radius and where the user accounts are.  I would have set ours up to use AD from FortiAuth to AD and radius from VPN box to FortiAuth, but there was so little support and information available when we set ours up.  There are distinct differences in minor little details when you set things up.

I guess my concern starts with Where are you users located and configured?  If users are not on the Authenticator, then you have to point to them in some way.

Otherwise, FortiAuth acts like a radius server and anything should be able to use it as a radius server.

If I want to change the way mine points to my AD server (from LDAP to AD method) then we have to delete ALL 500 users and, import them all again, and re-issue tokens for them.  Just try to make sure you are setting it up correctly the first time.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors