Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pherr
New Contributor

FON-380 to Asterisk PBX srtp

I am trying to connect a FON-380B to an asterisk PBX with tls/srtp. I have no problems with the TLS signaling side. However, with srtp I get 488 error. If I remove the media_encryption=sdes the calls are fine, so no codec issue. The logs dont give a specific reason for the 488, I am suspecting a cipher issue or a configuration issue on the phone side. Since I cannot get to a admin GUI on the phone I am using the CLI. srtp is enable in the sip profile. I cannot find any command list for this phone so I may be missing something in the config. Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Stephen_G

Hello pherr,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
Stephen_G

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello Pherr,

Thank you for contacting us.

Regarding SRTP, FortiFones are mainly using the hardening certificate with Fortivoice and the ciphers.

In Fortivoice, it has phone profile for each phone model and the phone is getting this profile once it start the communication with Fortivoice and it will receive these ciphers.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will work with Asterisk as the certificates and ciphers are hardening on the phone and it will work only with Fortivoice. 

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

EMEA Escalation Engineer

Mohamed Elshehaby
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors