Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
R_F
Contributor

FML Recipient Policy

When crafting Recipient Policy we can choose either System and Domain. Based on my understanding of what is stated in the admin. https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortimail/7.4.0/administration-guide/329890/controlling-email-bas...

The system is the default, choose System if there are multiple domains using identicals policy.

So if want to have granularity with my policy and I have one domain only then is it better to choose Domain over System?

Based on the attached file.

If Domain and System are both present with identical profiles the System will take action first over the Domain?

Anyone who could chime in when to choose Domain over System is much appreciated.

RP_Inbound.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
abelio
SuperUser
SuperUser

@R_F wrote:

The system is the default, choose System if there are multiple domains using identicals policy.

Not necessarily

If you want to avoid repeat identical policies, it's more practical the concept of associated domains.

But if you want granular control for domain, you could clone one profile from the provided system ones (antispam, antivirus, etc), customize it for  specific domain needs, and apply it to the Domain.
Same idea applies for incoming and outgoing recipient policies.

As you know, policies will apply  if match occurs in up-to-down order.

regards

/ Abel

regards / Abel
R_F
Contributor

thank you for sharing your thoughts @abelio 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors