Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
sw2090
Honored Contributor

FMG v7.0.7 update - failing deployments of policy package

In v7.0.7 FortiNet seems to have changed an option:

config system antivirus quarantaine

FMG now defaults the destination option to disk.

Due to this policy package deployment will error out on every device that does support FortiGuard Antivirus but does not have a disk.

Come on Fortinet. At least YOU should know that you sell FGT without disks that do not support that. Why then default that option to "disk"?

Alas the other available options are "FortiAnalyzer" or "NULL". 

In my case I could reset it to FortiAnalyzer since we have one running and all FGT are connected to it.

Not sure if "NULL" woud be accepted by the FGT. I did not test it. Thus I had to change that on 20 FGT since its a cli only option in device manger...

Just thought I let you know - just if anyone else runs into this issue...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
1 Solution
sw2090
Honored Contributor

im my case the workaround I mentioned solves the issue.

The only solution would be to fix that in the next FMG Firmware release.

This is also why I did not open a TAC case on this.

Just wanted to let the community know...

-- 

"It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

View solution in original post

-- "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams
4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello sw2090,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
sw2090
Honored Contributor

im my case the workaround I mentioned solves the issue.

The only solution would be to fix that in the next FMG Firmware release.

This is also why I did not open a TAC case on this.

Just wanted to let the community know...

-- 

Debbie_FTNT

Hey sw2090,

thank you for clarifying and reporting the issue. It looks like this might match a reported FortiManager issue 891358, which should be fixed in 7.0.8 from what I saw.

Cheers,

Debbie

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors