Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Modnet
New Contributor

FMG VPN Manager across ADOMs

I am currently setting up a new FMG.  I have 8 FGTs in total. Two of them are 100Es running 7.2 firmware and the rest are 100Fs running 7.4 firmware. I have created two separate ADOMS... one for 7.2 devices and the other for 7.4 devices. My goal is to use the VPN Manager to create a Full Mesh IPSEC topology across all 8 fortigates. Will I be able to do that while the two 100Es are in a separate ADOM? If not, what is recommended to get this accomplished?

7 REPLIES 7
adambomb1219
SuperUser
SuperUser

Why not run them all on the same version?

Modnet

I wish I could but it seems that firmware upgrades stop at 7.2 for the 100Es.... 7.4 is not available.

asrour
Staff
Staff

Hi @Modnet 

unfortunately, that is not possible in VPN Manager, they must be in the same ADOM

else you will need to create tunnels in the device manager

Thanks,

Ahmad

A Srour
Modnet
New Contributor

Ok thank you. If they are in the same 7.4 ADOM but some fortigates are running 7.2 and some are running 7.4 will it work? I need a full mesh topology.

asrour
Staff
Staff

- in theory you can, but moving 7.2 FGTs to 7.4 ADOM will not move the policies and you will not be able to import them.

- you will need to create policies for the vpn

- there is a solution that may work, by creating external gateways and connecting them, that will need Professional Services help

A Srour
Modnet
New Contributor

Here is what I did. Please tell me if it will work.  I had a 7.2 ADOM with my 7.2 FGTs.  I imported the policies from the 7.2 FGTs and then upgraded the ADOM to 7.4.  Then I added the 7.4 FGTs and imported there policies.  My thought is I will be ok to push policies to both 7.2 and 7.4 FGTs, as long as I never make changes on the FGTs and make all changes from the FMG. Will this work, or should I downgrade my 100Fs to match my 100Es.  7.4 is not available for the 100Es. This is my dilemma.

asrour
Staff
Staff

This should work, only the policy import will not work

A Srour
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors