Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Matthew_Mollenhauer
New Contributor III

FMG 5.2.1 release date?

Does anyone know when the next 5.2.x firmware will be released?

When I spoke to our local SE three weeks ago I was told it was scheduled to be released last week, but considering it isn't out I'm assuming it's now slipped.

We're waiting on this release to finally be able to upgrade our 1500D's to a supported 5.2 version.

Regards,

Matthew

7 REPLIES 7
scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, Matthew, which FMG version you are using now?

FMG 5.0.9 release added 5.2 FGT1500D support (in 5.2 ADOM)

Thanks

Simon

Matthew_Mollenhauer
New Contributor III

We upgraded to 5.2.0 on the basis that the new features for FortiOS 5.2 weren't going to be back ported to the 5.0 code base.

Regards,

Matthew

Viper
New Contributor II

We are also waiting for FMG 5.2.1 in order to support the 1500D running 5.2.1. Like you we were told it would be available weeks ago. Really disappointed by this.

Fr34k11
New Contributor

Heard a rumor that this will be released in this week... can anyone confirm this perhaps :D

- FortiFr34k11

- FortiFr34k11
Viper
New Contributor II

Yeah.. Was told FGM 5.2.1 will come out this week.. But they have been telling most of us that weeks ago. It will be a Thanksgiving miracle if it comes out by the end of this week. 

Matthew_Mollenhauer
New Contributor III

In late September our local SE said it was due within 2 weeks; in a TAC case for a FMG bug the support officer said it would be that week (this was in the last week of October).

Historically any time we've asked for a release timeframe it has always been "within the week, early next week at the latest", I'd much rather hear "we don't have a release date, the latest build aren't passing QA" at least that wouldn't be setting a false expectation.

Going forward into more of an SDN world where hardware appliances become virtual machines it is going to become preferable to use vendors who release more frequently. Not necessarily feature releases, but smaller incremental bug fix patches.

Regards,

Matthew 

Fr34k11
New Contributor

Well the 28th has come and it has past. I must say it is a bit disappointing that we can not see any updates from Fortinet. A simple blog post, customer support bulletin or something just to let us know what is going on because we all have customers on our backs to get things working and preferably on the latest firmware.

I mean clearly this is a rather big issue for everyone that upgraded their Fortigates (all the "D" models) to 5.2.1 (and now 5.2.2 is available).

Anyway enough ranting :)

Come fortinet give us a little hope or inside info here.

- FortiFr34k11

- FortiFr34k11
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors