Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MichaelM
New Contributor

FM 5.2.1 - Application Filter list is empty

Hi there,

we are currently struggling with a FM 5.2.1 installation, which is an upgrade from an already running 5.2.0.

Since the update, the Application Sensor -> Application list is empty, there a no more applications to filter for.

We already opened a ticket with support at Dec 18th, but the response time isn't that good we hoped for.

Did anyone had a similar problem and got it resolved.

Thanks and best regards.

--Michael

15 REPLIES 15
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Hi Michael.

What have you done to troubleshoot this problem so far?

[ul]
  • Have you tried different web browsers?
  • Have you ran show application list from the CLI to verify your application sensors are still there?
  • Loaded the current config and a backup config into a text comparison tool (like WinMerge) to see what changed during the upgrade?[/ul]

• NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
    MichaelM
    New Contributor

Hi Dave,

thanks for your reply.

- I tried all available browsers, IE11, Safari (which is not supported), GoogleChrome, Firefox, all with the same outcome.

- The customer requested the output of about 50 commands which we sent, also the configuration. 

- The show command you mentioned can be executed on the FortiManager? The command completion does not offer it.

Thanks again, any help appreciated.

--Michael

Dave_Hall
    Honored Contributor

Edited -dh.  Sorry, misread the original post -- thought this was strictly a Fortigate-side issue.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

scao_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

We already opened a ticket with support at Dec 18th

-- Hi, Michael, can you send me the ticket ID? I can take a look, also not sure if you attached FMG db config on the ticket? we can do a quick check on your db config

Thanks

Simon

MichaelM
    New Contributor

Hi Simon,

the ticket-# is 1287103 ... its created by our distributor. FortiManager is covered by FortiCare 24x7 but the response time is very disappointing.

Thanks for your help, hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

Best regards.

--Michael

MichaelM
    New Contributor

Hi Simon,

did you had a chance to look into the ticket?  I guess this case is cursed somehow, no progress at all.

Thanks and best regards.

--Michael

scao_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

Hi, Michael, I saw support team and QA is working on the ticket and they may provide some updates on the ticket soon. By the way, based on my review with customer db and QA investigation result, customer db contained IPS version file looks smaller than normal one and may cause issue for application list which is from IPS file you can try to do another retrieve to update the IPS file and see if can workaround this issue Thanks Simon

scao_FTNT
    Staff
    Staff

I mean do a device config retrieve on FMG, and retrieve config will also retrieve and update IPS file (when there has new IPS version)

Thanks

Simon

MichaelM
    New Contributor

Simon,

bullseye, I checked Connectivity Refresh, FMG retrieved new IPS signatures and we are good to go.

Currently I'am more happy to get this bummer resolved than nagging about the outcome of all other action.

Thanks again, I definitely owe you for this.

--Michael 

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors