Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Frosty
Contributor

FL100C: one dataset, two charts, only one chart will display

I've written a custom dataset SQL query that produces me a count of how much traffic (GB) goes In/Out through our Internet link (port 16 on our FG200B) per day.  It works great.

Then I created two Charts based off this Dataset:  one is a Table format (lists the data values tabular format); the other is a Bar Graph.

Then I created a Report utilising the Charts ... and here is where it has gone pear-shaped:

If I embed the tabular data Chart by itself into the Report, it works.

If I embed the bar graph Chart by itself into the Report, it works.

If I embed BOTH of the charts into the Report, only ONE of them is displayed; the other has "No data".

I had expected that if I created a Dataset, then multiple Charts from that dataset, the FL100C would be smart enough to run the SQL query once, then reuse the results multiple times to drive the charts ... but it seems I am mistaken.

I don't really want to needlessly duplicate datasets, just so I can use that data multiple times in a report.

Suggestions welcome.

1 Solution
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, what's your FAZ version? I didn't see this issue on my FAZ 5.0.9. I have created 4 charts(table/bar/pie/line) based on one dataset, all charts can be displayed properly in one report.

regards,

hz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi, what's your FAZ version? I didn't see this issue on my FAZ 5.0.9. I have created 4 charts(table/bar/pie/line) based on one dataset, all charts can be displayed properly in one report.

regards,

hz

Frosty

There is another bug that I am waiting for a fix on, apparently to be resolved in v5.0.10 at the end of the month, but no reason I can't update to v5.0.9 immediately.  I'll try that and let you know.

Frosty

Yep ... upgrading to v5.0.9 fixed it ... thanks! 

UMMM ... I was wrong ... it is NOT fixed ... its now just "intermittent".

I am going to try duplicating Dataset objects (e.g. dataset-Name-1 and dataset-Name-2) so that I can use them in different Chart objects.  Will report back after I have done that.

That didn't fix the problem either.  Weird!

If I structure the report with a Chart first and a Table of data second, the table of data will be empty.  If I drag the Table to be first on the report, with the Chart second, then the chart will not display.  I give up.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors