Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Stefan_Huth
New Contributor

FGT60D WAN-Problems

Hi Guys, I got a problem with a FGT60D, the Firewall doesn' t send traffic via the external interface. We could look at the output of the interface via wireshark and could tell that the unit doesn' t send any traffic. The gateway after the Firewall is pingable and fine. the internal interface of the unit works properly, it just isn' t able to send any traffic via the wan interface. Unfortunately I can' t swap the wan port to any other interface because we are in need of all the other interfaces aswell. A reboot doesn' t affect the matter but when I reload the configuration file into the unit it is working again...atleast for some hours. The FortiOS Version 5.0.8, I would upgrade the OS to 5.0.9 but I am a little affraid that the fw won' t work anymore after the OS Upgrade. Is this a known problem? Anybody was having the same issues? Thanks & kind Regards, Stefan
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

hi, and welcome to the forums. Is there any chance that the internal flash disk was used for logging? Or that the unit is older than, say, 3-4 years? I' ve had a similar issue with a 80C last week. I noticed that after 6 hours after reboot web traffic stopped, FortiGuard showed a " not registered" unit, parts of the config were missing like the ssh1 public key. I had to RMA the FGT which probably is your way as well. Support will ask you to download a HQIP image for diagnosis (which is fun on a production unit) in order to obtain diag logs. So prepare for some more work with this, and downtime.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Stefan_Huth
New Contributor

Hi, thanks for your response and welcome! :) the internal flash is used for logging right now. The Unit was bought in august this year, so it' s pretty young and new... Yeah I think I have to go the same way via RMA...long way to Forti from Germany. :( Regards, Stefan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors