Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Oberon
New Contributor

FGT60B Issue

I just had in this week twice the same issue with two FGT60B. Bot have FortiOS 4.1 (one with P4 the other with P9). What happend: I just did a reboot from the FGT60B over the Menubutton in the GUI. The FGT60B looked like it works fine again (all leds were fine), but there was no way to access the Firewall. Even I was able to access though Console. (the access options did not change on the LAN-Port, they looked fine) I finally had to reload the Firmware thought TFTP-Server. Now it works all fine again. Maybe someone can confirm this! kr Ralph
Private Use: Fortigate-50B, 4.00-MR3, NAT/IPsec-VPN/SSL-VPN
Private Use: Fortigate-50B, 4.00-MR3, NAT/IPsec-VPN/SSL-VPN
20 REPLIES 20
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Try another TFTP package. They' re not all created equal. I have had continued success with SolarWinds...

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Pretty strange: compared md5sums: correct I have XP SP3 and 3ComDaemon, did not work. Tried tftpd32. Did not work. Tried 3ComDaemon on Win7 did not work Tried 3ComDaemon on Windows 98 (yay) - works. Tried Solarwinds on XP. works as well.. very very strange I am totaly puzzeled.. I use 3DC for everything (Cisco, Alcatel, Aruba, Brocade) never had any issues apart from Fortigate. I would say as tftp is an rfc standard it should be no magic in there.. but aparently it is..
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Welcome to my world... ;)

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

fwiw Some of the tfpd server/clients packages don' t support over 512byte size packets. That might be the issue here. I would love for the day when, fortigate rids tftp and uses something like scp. It would be nice to see them offer this from the bootup menu. Even a ASA allows for some degree; scp copy of files into/out of flash.

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

I' m using 3CD myself and a lot with Fortigates and never had any issues. There' s a nice benefit if you can jumpstart a TFTP server as an application instead of having it idle as a background process. Might be an issue on that host specifically.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

As i stated: i have tested different notebooks, so it is not my workstation alone. Not sure whether further debugging is useful, i am happy that i know: Solarwinds (works/worked) with fortinet. I am not using the fortinet recommended versions, but the latest ones, that you can download.
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Had the issue (shm_get failed) with a 310B cluster 4 hours later. luckily solarwinds was at hand and the location not far. Now forced an update to a couple of customers..
ede_pfau
Esteemed Contributor III

Had to re-build a FGT-80C (4.2.6) yesterday from scratch as the config file was shot - binary content started just at the beginning of the ' router' section. TFTP' d the firmware and (repaired) config files with 3CD without any hassles. I' m still wondering how this could happen. Maybe I should switch automatic versioning off. Upgraded to 4.2.8 of course (which is running fine at my office FGT).

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
AlexFeren
New Contributor III

I " successfully" upgraded my (development) 60C from " Fortigate-60C v4.0,build0482,110920 (MR3 Patch 2)" to " Fortigate-60C v4.0,build0513,120130 (MR3 Patch 5)" via attached USB flash drive. I didn' t reload the configuration - as far as I know it' s not necessary. I then issued " execute log filter event" which took about 5 minutes to return prompt. After issuing " execute log display" the ssh session died. (After re-login) I repeated these two commands with same effect before noticing this on console:
 pid-101 lock_mlog()-597 shmget()failed: No such file or directory maxsize 0
 pid-142 lock_mlog()-597 shmget()failed: No such file or directory maxsize 0
Leaving the box overnight, I saw this on console:
 pid-142 lock_mlog()-597 shmget()failed: No such file or directory maxsize 0
 Generate the Report Widget(traffic.Count.Network.Session.last24h) error
Also, this morning, the above command sequence is printing without any (obvious) issues. Obviously, I need to be assured that the problems with development box won' t repeat on our production boxes (200Bs). I' d like to know at least: - is it possible to determine what file or directory Fortigate' s complaining about? - (more generally) is it possible to get a printout of error messages sent to the console - the above aren' t in event log nor in " execute tac report" ?
vanc
New Contributor

You may need to reformat the log disk of your 60C. More like a file system corruption.
Top Kudoed Authors