Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FGT50B Open boot image failed.

Hi, I get: Press any key to display configuration menu... ...... in grub_open errnum=2 in grub_open errnum=2 Open boot image failed. During bootup on one of our Fortigate50B. Is there a easy way to fix this issue
3 REPLIES 3
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Haven' t seen this error but I would do the following: - connect to serial port / console - reboot, stop by hitting a key - select to reformat the flash disk - connect a TFTP server to ' internal' port - select to TFTP a firmware image to the FGT - restore configuration Note that reformatting the flashdisk will erase the configuration AND the firmware! You will be left with the boot monitor alone.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Not applicable

Thanks for a quick reply, Ok so a solution could be to download a new firmware... Where can i download FW for our FGT50B? Did logon to FortiGate and downloaded .out files. But none of them seems to be working. Is there a way to identify what file i should use based on serialnr
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

You get firmware images if you logon to support.fortinet.com with your credentials. Click " Firmware Images" to be guided to the ftp server. Then select the FortiOS version, MR and patch release, and download the xxxx.out image. The serial no. doesn' t count here; you get the right image for your HW model, namely a 50B. Most stable at the moment are 4.1.10 and 4.2.8 (read: version 4.00, Maintenance Release 1, patch 10 etc.).

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors