Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
tedew
New Contributor

FGT - Optimize Memory consumption

hello,

FGT 60F, 7.0.12

I have issue with conserve mode when my fortigate take updates (AV, IPS def etc). Someone had also this kind of issue ?? 

I read techincal tips Technical Tip: Steps on how to optimize Memory consumption  and I have question 
How to perform STEP 8 ?? (disable widgets )

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @tedew ,

You can easily disable widgets on your dashboard by clicking 3 dots right side of the widget and then clicking remove. If you have multiple admin users. You can say this "Can you remove the widget on your dashboard? " or you can edit on cli, another admin user dashboard configuration. 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
tedew

hello,

@ozkanaltas

Even when nobody is logged to the firewall should we remove these widgets ??

Thanks,

ozkanaltas

Hello @tedew ,

I think yes. Because these widgets collect data even if you are not logged in. If it doesn't act like this, you can't see any data related to the previous 24 hours. You can see just live data. 

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
BillH_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @tedew 

When your device gets into conserve mode, you should call TAC. They will help you find the root cause. Then, to find a suitable solution. Optimizing parameters is one of the methods, but there are still many things to consider.

Bill

mpeddalla
Staff
Staff

Hello @tedew  ,

Thank you for contacting the Fortinet Forum portal.

-As suggested by my colleague it is better to contact support when the device triggers conserve mode so that they can document if it matches with any known issues they would suggest a precise workaround or verify the firmware version which can fix the issue.

-If fortiguard updates for AV, IPS are an issue please refer below article for suggested steps:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-FortiGate-is-entering-into-Conserve-Mode-d....

Best regards,

Manasa.

If you feel the above steps helped to resolve the issue mark the reply as solved so that other customers can get it easily while searching on similar scenarios.

akanibek
Staff
Staff

Have a look to the security profiles on the firewall policies. Not all policies need all security profiles on it. 

Asset
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors