Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marco_d
New Contributor

FG240D Upgrade from 5.4.9

Hello all,

i am running a FG240D Cluster. I use this firewall as layer 2 firewall with webfilter, application filter and ips.

Now i am thinking about to upgrade to 5.6.5 or 6.0.1 will it have a bennefit for me or is it okay if i stay on the

5.4 line ?

Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions

Marco

1 Solution
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's completely up to you if you want to stay with 5.4 or go to 5.6, or even 6.0. 5.4 support would continue for some time. They seem to release a new major version every 1.5 year or so nowadays. So if you see something important to your implementation in those new features, you might want to migrate. 6.0 is still relatively new so many problem reports are flying around in or out of the forum. 6.0.2 release is scheduled this month.

For our case, based on their development cycle, we jump between the major versions every 1.5 - 2 years or so to keep up with their pace, but not to the latest.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

It's completely up to you if you want to stay with 5.4 or go to 5.6, or even 6.0. 5.4 support would continue for some time. They seem to release a new major version every 1.5 year or so nowadays. So if you see something important to your implementation in those new features, you might want to migrate. 6.0 is still relatively new so many problem reports are flying around in or out of the forum. 6.0.2 release is scheduled this month.

For our case, based on their development cycle, we jump between the major versions every 1.5 - 2 years or so to keep up with their pace, but not to the latest.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors