Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

FG-60 Stops Passing Traffic

I' m at my wits end and I' m hoping you guys can help out with a problem that I' ve got. We have deployed a couple of FG-60s and are now having problems with the devices. The first sign of trouble was when a client complained of not having Internet access (port 80). We were running MR-6 at the time. If I reset the device traffic would start to flow again. After this happened a couple of time, I called the support number for assistance. I was asked to upgrade to MR-7 which I did. We then started having occasional problems at the same client with POP3 access. Again, a reset on the device cleared the matter. Today, we experienced problems at our colo site (big problems here) with accepting POP3 traffice on an FG-60 with MR-6 installed. It' s not like we' re lighting up the devices with activity but I cannot continue resetting the devices to get things going again. It appears that the device just stops accepting/forwarding traffic. Does anyone have any ideas abou what' s happening?? I' m ready to pull the devices and install something that won' t fail in this manner. Any help is appreciated.
35 REPLIES 35
Not applicable

Kevin, Thank you that was just what I was looking for. I appreciate the time you took to put that together. Scott
Not applicable

Hi All, Everything on my FG-60s has been disabled. NIDS, AV, remote syslogging, everything. I' m still having big performance problems. My ISP has checked the connectivity from their router to a FG-60 running MR6, build 171 and found occasional packet loss. I had the Fortigate engineer check the connection from the FG-60 at my client site and found ping times fluctuating greatly with an occasional timeout. The odd thing is that we' re not seeing any errors in our trace data. I must make a choice this weekend so the Fortinet engineers have til Friday to see what' s wrong. If nothing can be found, I' ll be reinstalling our old SunScreen firewall. In either case, I' ll post my progress. Thanks.
Not applicable

I have recently picked up a 400 and everything worked fine for the first 10 days untill i started to mess around with dial up ipsec remote gateways, this started me on the lowly path of having to reboot the box due to similar problems you are all having with it dropping http and allowing the rest, I did notice that if you start reviewing the logs and do a search that the memory spikes to about 80% and doesn' t release it for about 5 mins after it completes the task, I haven' t talked to tech support but I also haven' t paid for this box yet keep or dump ?
Not applicable

Dear all, we are having the same problem in those days. We try different firmware from 2.5 MR5 throught MR7, none of them cure the issue. As suggested by fortinet support, you can turn off NIDS on WAN2 if you are not using it. In our case, the memory usage will drop from 75% to 52% normally. It is the first day we try to apply this setting, I will keep on posting the result for your reference. Cheers. BTW, we are running 2.5 MR5 at the moment with 4 switches connected to about 16 workstations and running only http.
Not applicable

Dear all, After testing for a week. Our fortigate 60 is now works fine. :-) We are now proceeding to upgrade the unit to MR6. Cheers. Stefan Kung
Not applicable

Stefan, What was the configuration of your FG-60 wrt AV/NIDS under MR5?
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors