Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
chrismes
New Contributor

FG-300D: Administration User via LDAP is asked to change the password

I want to Login to my FG-300D with user authenticated via LDAP. I've tried this before with FG-60E and works fine there.

But the FG-300D always asks me to Change Password because account is using Default Password.

"This account is using the default password, it is strongly recommended that you change your password."

But this is not a local account, this is my user in LDAP.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Solution
zandy
New Contributor II

It's a bug with Fortinet (idk how they'd miss this bug, seems sloppy work)

Wildcard Remote-admin logon in browser with customized password gets FGT message "....uses default password"

We have to wait for firmware 5.6.4 to solve the BUG ID 0456638  In this moment the BUG ID 0456638 is scheduled to resolve in Firmware version 5.6.4 

Update will be released around end of May 2018. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chrismes
New Contributor

I now added a new local user, set the password for this user.

Then changed the user to LDAP-authentication.

Now it works without asking for a password-change.

edit "admin_ldap"         set remote-auth enable         set accprofile "super_admin"         set vdom "root"         set wildcard enable         set remote-group "LDAP_Admins"     next

Hkp
New Contributor

Saw it first time on FG-300D running on FW 5.6.x, too. I've canceled the message and never seen again :)

Maybe it's a firmware bug, I don't know.

kd007
New Contributor III

Same issue on FG-500D after updating to v5.6.3. Is that the same firmware version your 300D is running? I did not have the issue on v5.6.2 so I'm guessing it is a bug in the latest FortiOS.

zandy
New Contributor II

It's a bug with Fortinet (idk how they'd miss this bug, seems sloppy work)

Wildcard Remote-admin logon in browser with customized password gets FGT message "....uses default password"

We have to wait for firmware 5.6.4 to solve the BUG ID 0456638  In this moment the BUG ID 0456638 is scheduled to resolve in Firmware version 5.6.4 

Update will be released around end of May 2018. 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors