Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AKrause
Contributor

FCT 4.2.7 delays communication - esp arp entries

Hi, we have some issues with the latests FCT premium 4.2.7 After installation the network traffic is slowed down. This is especially noticeable when pinging a host within the subnet, i.e. the gateway. The first 2-3 pings get lost. That is because the arp entry obviously takes a long time to be set into the cache. After the Ping was successful the issue does not show up until the arp entries idles out or is manually cleared. I was expecting this issue is due to our FCT customization. But I have installed a clean FCT 4.2.7 (VPN, AV, FW) on Windows 7 64bit. When the firewall is disabled or set to pass all, the issue dissolves. Disabling FortiProxy does not help here. Anyone with same experiences? I will go for Fortinet support with that issue now. best regards Andreas
2 REPLIES 2
AKrause
Contributor

Support could reproduce the issue and it is stated as bug ID 169043.
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yup, this is a known issue. Fortinet developers are looking into a solution and hopefully the issue can be addressed in the next patch. L.C
Ling Lu
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors