Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Oberon
New Contributor

FC with Cisco ASA Firewall

Has anybody tried to use the Forticlient (FortiClient Endpoint Security) with a Cisco ASA Firewall? The idea behind it, is that I don' t need to install two IP-Sec Clients on the same Computer. Thanks for Info. kr Ralph
Private Use: Fortigate-50B, 4.00-MR3, NAT/IPsec-VPN/SSL-VPN
5 REPLIES 5
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes, we tried FortiClient 4.2 and 4.3 with Cisco 2600. For Forticlient4.2, before creating a connection, you need to add a registry entry as following 64bit OS example: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Fortinet\FortiClient\FA_IKE], string type: " VENDORID" =" CISCO-UNITY" For Forticlient 4.3, You don' t need add a registry entry. They worked great as long as you got the settings right. L.Clarke
Oberon
New Contributor

great, thx for your input. i try asap. kr Ralph
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

So let' s twist this around, has anybody been successful with using cisco vpnclient with a fortigate?

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes, I had a Cisco VPN client connected to my FortiGate 60C. You need to match up the configuration between the Cisco Client and the ForitGate. Let me know if you need more details. L.C
preeper_peter

I am trying to setup several contractors that use Cisco VPN Client with my FortiGate 310B. But I am not sure what the Cisco Client settings are. L.Clarke what are the details of how you got yours to work?
Top Kudoed Authors