Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Sarx
New Contributor

FC AV sees update as virus

Today I have a few FC v4.1.2.138 that are attempting to update and are detecting that their update is a virus. Anyone experience this issue? Today? heuristic scanning is disabled on the FManager
firewalls firewalls everywhere
3 REPLIES 3
IPMAN
New Contributor

I believe this is an issue with the signature release from yesterday. We' ve seen it on several client machines. I am almost 100% confident it' s just a bug in the sig releaseand not a real virus. We raised the issue to Fortinet but I am not too confident they are taking this too seriously. There was an issue not too long ago with the Gumblar virus as well.
Dustin Niglio Payment Logistics Limited pcidss@paymentlogistics.com www.pcilogistics.com
Dustin Niglio Payment Logistics Limited pcidss@paymentlogistics.com www.pcilogistics.com
Sarx
New Contributor

Would like to clarify i also believe its a False Positive. I just find the QA testing is lacking where their own packages show up as Virus. and yes there was a previous one also. Just wanting to get some feedback. hopefully this will clear out.
Not applicable

Yes, here too on almost 50 machines hanging in a fortimanger... I disabled updates on the fortimanager in all groups, now only the clients updates on boot and that seems to fixed it for now...
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors