Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Frosty
Contributor

FAZ-VM v6.2.3 high CPU /bin/clusterd

Upgraded our FAZ-VM to v6.2.3 this morning.  Am getting high 40%+ CPU usage on the VM.  "exec top" shows this is caused by /bin/clusterd.  From reading another thread here, it was suggested that this is a known problem in v6.2.3 and maybe there is an updated/customised build of v6.2.3 which fixes/patches around this.  I have opened a ticket with Fortinet and will post again once I get clarification and/or a fix.

2 REPLIES 2
chall_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Yes, this sounds like bug id 0596252.  There is indeed a special branch which contains the fix related to clusterd.  You must open a support ticket (as you have done) in order to be provided the image file.  Fix will be in 6.2.4 when it is released.

Chris Hall
Fortinet Technical Support
Frosty
Contributor

UPDATE -- because Fortinet Support advised that v6.2.4 would not likely be available until end of April, I obtained a temporary firmware build 1248 from them and deployed this to our Fortianalyzer late last week; CPU is now back to normal and as best I can tell everything else is still working fine.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors