Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
AtiT
Valued Contributor

FAZ Report Limitation?

Hi, I have a specific request from our new customer and it seems that it cannot be done. I need to create a monthly report for WiFi users traffic only where the MAC address is listed in the report, time and the destination address. It is OK but the problem is that it will return a huge ammount of rows and the PDF will be very big. I made a test were I generated a report for past 5 days, it returned 25686 rows whithin 9 minutes and the PDF has 12.8MB. When I set to generate the report for last 6 days the report did not finish. Now, after 39 hours, the report is still generating. I think it will be never finished. Is there any row limitation or PDH file limitation or something else why the report could not be generated? The CPU and memory are still on low values. FAZ-VM64 v5.0.5

AtiT

AtiT
1 Solution
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

AtiT, The behaviour you observed is a bit odd though. If the report hits the max, it should just complete with the max # of rows in the report instead of hanging?? For 5.0.7, if the results has more than 10000 entries, the report will be generated but it will only include 10000 entries.
Ling Lu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pcraponi
Contributor II

You will need open a case on TAC. Only the devs and QA team have your answer..

Regards, Paulo Raponi

Regards, Paulo Raponi
AtiT
Valued Contributor

FYI: from TAC: The limit on 5.0.7 around 10 000 rows per chart. This will be increased in 5.0.8 to around 100 000. The limit on 5.0.5 is around 25K or there is no limit at all.

AtiT

AtiT
L_FTNT
Staff
Staff

AtiT, The behaviour you observed is a bit odd though. If the report hits the max, it should just complete with the max # of rows in the report instead of hanging?? For 5.0.7, if the results has more than 10000 entries, the report will be generated but it will only include 10000 entries.
Ling Lu
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors