Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
RafalS
New Contributor

FAZ 5.0.1 and FGT HA

Guys, Nobody here uses FGT HA cluster logging to a FAZ 5.0.1? Having serious doubts described in detail here: https://forum.fortinet.com/FindPost/83245 To me, it makes a difference dealing with separate logs and reports under 5.0.1 compared to unified ones under 4.3. I do care to have your comments. Thanks! Rafal

FCNSP 4.x running FortiOS 5.0.4 on FG621B A-A HA
6 REPLIES 6
RafalS
New Contributor

It seems that I got the new concept. Thanks for your interest. Rafal
Tim_Cooper
New Contributor

Can you explain what the new concept is? I have just run into this issue today and I am still trying to understand why the devices are listed separately?
Artur_Lopes

Hi I have same issue. I updated FAZ to 5.0.2 but issue is not solved. Regards Artur
Artur Júnior dos Santos Lopes Human Being
Tim_Cooper

Hi I have same issue. I updated FAZ to 5.0.2 but issue is not solved. Regards Artur
Read the release notes ;) You have to add all units in the HA cluster independently and then add them to a ' Log Array' to combine the logs as a single logical unit. Either all VDOMS in a single array, or an array per VDOM or whatever you want. Its very flexible but does allow you to have a HA cluster represented as a single logical entity.
Artur_Lopes

Hi Tim, I would like to thank you! Log Array works well! Kind Regards!
RafalS

Hi and sorry for not seeing Artur' s interest - did not expect any interest to rise some time soon. In FAZ 5.0.1 I finally noticed that however reports were generated separately for all devices, an extra one came along combining the results of the per-device reports. Meanwhile Tim went one step further indicating the solution to the separate log sets problem. It' s worth a note that the Log Array is a feature coming with FAZ ver. 5.0.2 so have been available for a few days only. Still, " connected interface" and " HA mode" in " device properties" appear undetermined (blank) against the facts. Cheers, RafalS
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors