Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mcadm
New Contributor

FAZ-100c Corrupted hard disk - need to reload - help

We have a Fortianalyzer FAZ-100C that has had it's default firmware corrupted.  I booted it up from the backup firmware and it goes into system testing (burn in ) mode.  Everything passes so I know my hardware is all good.

I need to know how to restore my firmware so I can get this unit back into action.

We were using fw 5.0 and would also like to go to 5.2 (which I believe is the latest) if possible.

I am new here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

1 Solution
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Mike, have you tried to TFTP burn image?

hz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi Mike, have you tried to TFTP burn image?

hz

mcadm
New Contributor

Thanks for the info as this is what I did.

I was able to stumble my way thru setting up a TFTP server and loading the latest image and I am back up again.

I had done this on Cisco Routers, but this was my first experience on a FortiAnalyzer so I was being overly cautious.

Then I figured it was already broken and I could not break it any further so decided I would go ahead.

Thanks again.

scao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

seems in your flash you already has a test image which I think is active partition now after you did "I booted it up from the backup firmware"

so after burn a new image from TFTP, try to do "B", boot from backup image in BIOS menu

Thanks

Simon

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors