Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
zer0kbps
New Contributor

FAP 221C Performance shocking since updating the Fortigate 7.2

So, due to various issues with our Wi-Fi, which consists of a mixture of 165 x 231F's and 16 x 211C's, my Dell 3150 Lattitude Laptop with an Intel AX160 NIC can only shift up to 1.3mbps.

The Signal on the AP and the Client are -62db the noise -95 so it should be able to achieve way more than that.

Tried various configurations, 802.11N only, forcing the band on the client to 5ghz, the AP is 8 meters from my position and despite a Perspex window, I have line of site. A phone on the same AP but different SSID is achieving 56Mbps on fast.com.

I've updated drivers on my laptop but i'm at a loss as to what to do next.

The SSID my laptop connects to is a WPA2-Enterprise with Radius Local Bridge net and Fast BSSID Transition is enabled.

I don't believe the problem impacts the 231F's and I plan to test my laptop in a room with a 231F next.

First of all, are there any gotchas I should know about?

Are there any performance improvements that can be made in config?

TIA.

5 REPLIES 5
adambomb1219
Contributor III

The 221C is quite old.  Time for a replacement IMHO

zer0kbps

I know but I spent the budget on a pair of 1101E’s and 165 fap231F’s.

It’s on the to do list ;)

gfleming
Staff
Staff

What version of FortiAP OS is running on the 221C?

Also you probably need to have this enabled please check:

config wireless-controller global

set tunnel-mode compatible

end

Cheers,
Graham
zer0kbps

The latest available is v6.0.0 build 44 I believe, I’ll try that setting as some areas have 221B’s. Those buildings will be destroyed next year so no point investing.

andymemo
New Contributor III

Did you ever make any progress here?

I have a 222C meshed off a 231F, all worked great with FortiOS 7.0.11, after upgrading to FortiOS 7.2, there is now packet loss over the mesh and I cant get one of my wifi clients connected to any SSID - even with open security! My tunnel-mode is already set to compatible.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors