Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
marco_buccella
New Contributor

FAC - Import External Certificate

Good Afternoon,

I'm unable to import an external certificate generated from Fortigate as wildcard and signed from Segtigo, Essential SSL.

This signed certificate is a .crt file that was succesufully imported to the Fortigate. but I'm unable to import it to the FortiAuthenticator.

When uploading the cert I receive the following issue:

"Import has failed: There is no matching certificate request for server certificate "OU=Domain Control Validated, OU=EssentialSSL Wildcard, CN=*.mydomain.com""

I read something on this forum that I have to create an intermediate CA or something like this, but I don't understand why and how, please could you give me an update about.

Thanks and regards

1 REPLY 1
marco_buccella
New Contributor

If someone is interested it's possible to use wildcard certificate, I generate it in the Fortigate.

To works I have to import it in the Fortigate and after that noted it in a TXT checking the full configuration.

When imported you need the Private key as well "Key that you should have as string", pubblic key and cert file.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors