Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
michellem812
New Contributor III

FA 5.01 manual?

I just upgraded my FAZ 400C to 5.01, since I upgraded my FG 1240B last week and then it stopped the logging to the FAZ. So the new FAZ 5.01 interface is fine, and I understand that the old report layouts, charts, and datasets are not supported...but I would' ve thought the latest version would include more than just 1 report ???. I' m still trying to play with it, but since the online documentation is still for version 4, it' s a little difficult. Has anyone else updated and started playing with the report templates?
6 REPLIES 6
michellem812
New Contributor III

Never mind, I see it online now at http://docs.fortinet.com/fa/faz50hlp/50/index.html. The [ ? ] help button in the FAZ GUI takes you to the 4.3 FortiManager docs, NOT the FAZ docs, which is where I was getting confused. The online FAZ 5 docs are what I needed (I didn' t know that by default the upgrade didn' t associate any reports with my FG, but the docs helped me with that).
seadave

Curious, are hostnames being resolved in your logs? I' m only getting IPs in mine and can' t figure out how to enable. I got bitten by the upgrade bug. FAZ 5.01 doesn' t seem very stable or perform very well. 4.3 wasn' t the best but at least you could use it to track down events fairly quickly. So frustrating that we always need to go through this painful 1.0 release phase with Fortinet. Where is the QC??? I would have to say that 5.0 on my FG-100D has been performing pretty well though.
rulirahm
New Contributor

Me too about the hostnames. Even I have enabled ' Resolve hostname' on a report, the report still provide IP.
michellem812
New Contributor III

I' m not very happy with FAZ 5.01 - I lost all the reports that I had done manually (although I did know that before I upgraded ) - but I thought that I would at least get a lot of of good canned reports from the FAZ. However, I' m back to trying to finagle the existing reports, or clone them and check the " resolve hostname" checkbox since the default reports don' t do that. I did find out the the Application Control section has changed is no longer used - it is just in the " Traffic Log" now, the Log View, UTM Security Log, Application Control section is blank, and I had to filter through the Traffic Log to find any application control log events. I spent many days with FG tech support before someone said that it has been moved.
rulirahm
New Contributor

michellem812 , Can you ' resolve hostname' from your cloned or created reports? Regards, Ruli
michellem812
New Contributor III

My " Top Allowed Websites by Requests" (the built-in chart) does resolve the hostname. However, the " Top Destinaton Addresses by Bandwidth" built-in chart (their spelling, not mine) only shows IP addresses, not hostnames. I' m still trying to play with it. The Reports in the Fortigate itself seem to be better than the ones in the FAZ.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors