Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Albert_Coll
New Contributor

External web portal under clientless web-only mode.

Hello,

I'll get a new Fortigate 3000D running latest Fortios up to date (5.4.6).

I would like to know whether it is possible to implement an SSL VPN Web-only clientless service, so that the Web portal is not offered bt the Fortigate itself, but just transfered to another Web portal in a server behind it?

After reading the documentation, I guess that this could be achieved in tunnel mode, but in that case, forticlients should be used in the remote client stations. But what I would really appreciate is doing that with clientless stations only, because there is a huge variety of client computers.

Could Port forwarding mode be an option?

Regards in advance.

Albert.

2 REPLIES 2
oheigl
Contributor II

You mean the web portal? It should work fine without a client, check the SSL VPN guide and the chapter "The SSL VPN Web Portal" https://docs.fortinet.com/uploaded/files/2778/fortigate-sslvpn-54.pdf

Albert_Coll

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I mean the Web portal. I agree that the local Fortios Web portal should work fine when accessed from clientless VPN users.

The problem is that the IT organization would prefer to use his ArcSight web portal in a DMZ, rather than the local Fortigate Web Portal.

And I'm not sure wheter the Fortios could just transfer the clientless SSL connections to another external Web portal in a DMZ, rather than using its own Web portal.

Regards.

Albert.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors