Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
syldor
New Contributor

External access to web server

Hi there,

I'm trying to allow external access to an internal web server controlled by a Fortigate 300D unit.

I have a web server at internal address 10.18.1.22 listening on port 3000. Access ok from the network.

My network only has one external ip address EXT_IP (that i can see when going on whatismyip.com).

I want to open external access to the server so I did the following:

[ul]
  • Create a virtual IP[/ul]

External IP Address: EXT_IP

Mapped IP Address: 10.18.1.22

External Service Port: 3000-3000

Map to Port: 3000-3000

[ul]
  • Create a new policy (IPv4)[/ul]

Incoming interface: Port 2 (External)

Source Address: all

Outgoing Interface: Port 1 (Internal)

Destination Address: My Virtual IP

Service: HTTP, HTTPS

Additional information:

Port 2 (External) is an interface with address EXT_IP and PING, HTTPS and HTTP access.

I thought that with this configuration, I could go to:

http://EXT_IP:3000 and access my web server, but it's not the case, nothing happens.

What am I missing ? 

Many thanks, 

• 13 REPLIES 13
    syldor
    New Contributor

It seems that I couldn't access the server from my network because I had to do two policies, one for internal and one for external. Anyway I has also to setup an http_3000 service.

Thanks

syldor
    New Contributor

You are right, I just meant that I entered the IP address that I found in whatsmyip.com. It turns out that the mask is 255.255.255.248 and "whois info" on my IP gives me a range of IP so I may not have only one.

The access is now possible from the outside using my internal interface, I now would like to change that to do it through a DMZ interface, i'll open a new thread for that cuz it's not working, maybe a hardware (connection) issue.

Thanks everyone,

gschmitt
    Valued Contributor

syldor wrote:

My network only has one external ip address EXT_IP (that i can see when going on whatismyip.com).

This does by no means mean that you only have one public IP address.

Check your interface settings and kindly let us know the last octet (digets behind the last dot) and the subnet mask.

syldor

You are right, I just meant that I entered the IP address that I found in whatsmyip.com. It turns out that the mask is 255.255.255.248 and "whois info" on my IP gives me a range of IP so I may not have only one.   The access is now possible from the outside using my internal interface, I now would like to change that to do it through a DMZ interface, i'll open a new thread for that cuz it's not working, maybe a hardware (connection) issue.   Thanks everyone,

Labels
    Top Kudoed Authors