Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OF
New Contributor

External Malicous IPs hitting on Wan Interface

Hi,

I am seeing a lot of external malicious IPs as source in Traffic-Local logs to my wan interface on port 80. How can I block a list of different external IPs on my wan interface. If I configure a local-in-policy for blocking port 80 wan interface, will it block my other traffic for port 80? We are running an application on both port 80 and 443.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

Well, port 80 (and port 443) open on a firewall's external port should be very, very well weighted. Sometimes you can shift those well known port numbers to a high range (50000+), letting the VIP 'down transform' that to the original port on the inside.

Apart from that, you could tailor the local-in policy with appropriate source address (whitelisting) instead of 'all'. Other than that, consider using a secure access via VPN. I take it that you have already disabled HTTP and HTTPS access on the WAN port, of course.

Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
Ede Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!
OF
New Contributor

If I configure a local-in-policy for blocking port 80 wan interface, will it block my other traffic for port 80?

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors