Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
bguyroland
New Contributor

Export firewall rules

Hi everyone, 

I am a fortinet new user. I work on our company fortinet product change. We move to Fortigate 600C for the 500D.

How can I export the rules on the 600C to import them to the 500D. Are there some software which did it? 

Thanks.

PS: Excuse for my english, I am a french speaker.

Thanks a lof.

3 REPLIES 3
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

Save the backup in clear text (no password). The section "configure firewall policy" will have all of the policies. If the interface names match one-to-one, you could just import that into the new unit. Otherwise, you will need to use a text editor to make changes to all of the policies before importing them. Address names and groups need to be predefined in the new unit as well or you will run into errors.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Daniel_H
New Contributor

bguyroland wrote:

Hi everyone, 

I am a fortinet new user. I work on our company fortinet product change. We move to Fortigate 600C for the 500D.

How can I export the rules on the 600C to import them to the 500D. Are there some software which did it? 

Thanks.

PS: Excuse for my english, I am a french speaker.

Thanks a lof.

Hi,

You can try FortiConverter..., I have tried convert from cisco ASA to Fortigate, need some tuning on port_name, but it works.

Regards,

Daniel

Regards,

Daniel

Regards, Daniel
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

I would do what Bob suggested. It's so simple, just do a show firewall policy and capture that to a notepad. Also you probably have address and addressgroups, so these 2 following commands;

show firewall address

show firewall addrgr

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors