Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
yeowkm99
Contributor

Export Analyzer Reports

Can i export reports from old Analyzer 200D to my new Analyzer 300G so that i dont have to re-create all the reports 

1 Solution
Debbie_FTNT

That is a good idea!

We have a KB on how to restore a FAZ config on a different model (like moving to a different hardware mode): https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Technical-Tip-Using-exec-migrate-to-migrate-to-a-new...

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Debbie_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hey yeowkm99,

in principle you can export reports and import into a different FortiAnalyzer, but you might run into issues if they are in different firmware versions. Some of the underlying syntax might have changed between different FortiAnalyzer firmware versions for example. I'm not sure if there is a common firmware version between a 200D and 300G; you might want to open a ticket with FortiAnalyzer support and verify with them, or ask them if they could import the reports on a lab FortiAnalyzer, run that through upgrade processes, export the reports again in a higher version and share with you so you can import on the 300G.

ede_pfau

Another suggestion: get a FAZ trial VM, restore your FAZ config (with some minor adjustments maybe), upgrade to the firmware version of the new FAZ, and export the reports. Might be worth a try.

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Debbie_FTNT

That is a good idea!

We have a KB on how to restore a FAZ config on a different model (like moving to a different hardware mode): https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Technical-Tip-Using-exec-migrate-to-migrate-to-a-new...

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors