Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Darren_Aitchison
New Contributor

Explicit Proxy Authentication

Hi, I need to configure an explicit proxy to authenticate users when they access two specific web sites but to allow all other connections through unauthenticated. I have set up LDAP authentication and tested it via CLI and it works fine. I then configured an identity based policy rule above the allow all rule, this has a destination of the FQDN of one of the required sites and links to my LDAP server user group. When I test I hit this rule but instead of getting a login prompt I get a Fortinet generated page saying - ' You must authenticate to use this service' Any ideas how I can get this to work correctly? Darren
1 REPLY 1
Darren_Aitchison
New Contributor

I think I have solved it. To get the correct login page IP Based needs to be checked and the Auth Method needs to be ' Form-based' The authentication pop-up can be editted in the normal way.
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors