Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

Executive Sumary Report

Is there a way to build a sample executive summary report? We would like to see some standard reports but seem to not able to build a any solid report from the device. Phuoc
6 REPLIES 6
Matthijs
New Contributor II

What info do you expect to see in an executive report? Do you have some example of what you want to see in the report?
Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

We would like to see bandwidth Utilization by the hour, Top DOS attacks and remediation, Top web users, browsing time. etc..
billp
Contributor

That would definitely be cool. I am starting to monkey with the MySQL extensions for FAZ. Seems to be the best way to get super-customized reports. . .and grind out data faster by offloading processing to a faster system. The majority of canned reports on FAZ don' t really provide all the data that I' m looking for. I really want a report that shows me keywords entered for various search engines.

Bill ========== Fortigate 600C 5.0.12, 111C 5.0.2 Logstash 1.4.1

Phuoc_Ngo
New Contributor

I agree with you Bill. The majority of the canned report on FAZ is useless. Management don' t even want to look at them since it is too many junk information to goes through. Within next year, if Fortigate don' t have some basic management report for the FAZ, we would be force to move to another vendor since reporting is a major items they demand out of the box. For our environment we don' t have MSSQL or the knowledge to operate MSSQL for reporting that is why we are totally rely on FAZ.
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

I ran a sample report with every area checked for a day, and weeded through all the reports to see what would work here. Most are less than useful.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
billp
Contributor

I mainly use it to search log files. It is inexpensive to maintain, but it does not hold up well against other modern reporting systems. The best thing is that it doesn' t bog down the Fortigate firewall itself and I can run bleeding edge firmware on it without it having a big impact on my network. When the SQL engine is fixed, I might have a different opinion. You might look at 3rd party tools like Splunk as an alternative.

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors