Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
alaaelrayes
New Contributor III

Exclude YouTube from Forticlient EMS using the application-based split tunnel

Hello,

I'm trying to exclude YouTube from the full tunnel using the application-based split tunnel.

I didn't find a category for YouTube as Teams and Zoom

EMS splitt tunnel.jpg

I tried to exclude using domain but I observed that the YouTube uses many different domains.

How can I exclude it ?

FortiClient 

Thanks,

Alaa Elrayes

3 REPLIES 3
ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @alaaelrayes ,

When I inspected my EMS, I saw the same thing. There is no YouTube app in the app list.I think the reason for this is because YouTube does not have any application installed on the computer.

But I think you can use the fqdn filter for this request. Because the EMS domain filter makes a wide coverage. For example, if you configure "youtube.com", this will cover "i.e api.youtube.com,video.youtube.com etc".

I think you can easily handle all domains this way.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
alaaelrayes
New Contributor III

@ozkanaltas thanks for your reply.

I observed a strange behavior, If I added something to the exclude list, I found that it added automatically to the included list.

Is it a bug?

ozkanaltas
Valued Contributor III

Hello @alaaelrayes ,

Actually, I didn't face this problem before. As you said, it could be a bug.

Which version do you use? I'm asking this so I can review the release notes.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors