Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Exchange email getting blocked

I' m just starting my attempts to solve this one, but perhaps somebody else on the forum has seen this or has some ideas: I setup the Fortigate 50a with the default policies. We are running Windows Small Business Server 2003. Our main application of note is Exchange Server 2003. We have the MX records for the domain pointed in and the Fortigate forwarding the ports to the server. With no policies in effect, everything works perfectly. When we use the default policy or normal policies, most of the email is being blocked--even if the size is small (ie text saying " test" ). My short term fix was to open the floodgates and let everything in. Now I want to figure out what/why these outside emails addressed to our users were being blocked. Any ideas? Any guesses as what to try next? Thanks, Jeremy
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable

Totally new to F/walls - Exch 5.5 -> Cisco Pix (Nat) -> FG60 (Trans) -> Cisco Router -> Outside HTTP fine, FTP appears fine (not fully checked yet) Inbound Mail fine Inbound with Attachments fine Outbound Mail fine Outbound with Attachments NOGO!!! No blocking set Anybody any ideas - help greatly needed & appreciated
Not applicable

We have an Exchange 2003 sever. It sends (and receives) email immediately to most addresses. However we found that any email to Hotmail, rgm.com.au and a few others, gets delayed and not sent
Hotmail problem is now known.. (blocked when AV enabled). Look the Antivirus Forum here I solved same problem using set antivirus service smtp splice disable Although I solved the problem (thanks to Ukwizard' s hint) Fortinet support has not reply yet (and we are resellers here). They could have better support. So far they have not answered to any of my mails [:' (] Maybe the don’t receive my mails when they have enabled AV. They should try ‘splice’ ..
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors