Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
guygox
New Contributor

Exchange Server and antispam

Hi, For now, i' am using barracuda antispam solution, which give me good results. My direction want us to use Fortigate option as we are partners. But I don' t know how to use it. I creat ea profile in " security profile" , " Email Filter" . Il let tag for IMAP, POP3, and discard for SMTP Checked all the values in " Fortiguard Spam filtering" , and Helo DNS Lookup and Retur, Email DNS Check. Does it seems to be enough?
5 REPLIES 5
Bromont_FTNT
Staff
Staff

If you are switching from Barracuda, then you likely will want to be using a Fortimail.
Adrian_Buckley_FTNT

Bromont is right. Comparing a FortiGate to a Barracuda is like comparing Apples with a light duty truck. The Barracuda is an MTA, the FortiGate is not. A FortiGate is a Firewall ... you wouldn' t use a Barracuda to replace a firewall. As such the feature set it has and the capabilities that are available in terms on email filtering are not comparable.
kwilley
New Contributor

Use both.

norouzi
Contributor

Your "Security Profile" is correct.

In this case you should have valid license for Email Filtering.

Check fortiguard settings.

Dipen
New Contributor III

Fortigate is a UTM Appliance with limited E-Mail Filtering capabilities. If you are looking for a total E-Mail Security solution please go for FortiMail. 

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5

Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D

Ahead of the Threat. FCNSA v5 / FCNSP v5 Fortigate 1000C / 1000D / 1500D
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors