Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Mattlemon
New Contributor

Event Logs not showing

I have 10 FGT u.nits sending logs to a FAZ 200. I noticed recently that the event logs in the FAZ all stopped at around the same time, all the other logs, traffic etc, are fine they are showing upto the minute but Event all stopped a few months ago. One of the last entries for one of the FGT devices was a restart message for upgrading to 4.2.6 So I can only assume that it was something to do with that? All the FGT' s were upgraded after the first sucessful one. The FGT devices themselves show the Event log but somehow it doesn' t find it' s way to the FAZ. Before I noticed the post in here I upgraded the FAZ to 4.3 and that made things worse but disabling SQL corrected things but I still have no Event Logs. Anyone any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
soma043
New Contributor

I have this same issue. I have a support case open, but no resolution yet. Did you ever discover what the problem was?
Carl_Wallmark
Valued Contributor

Two things comes to my mind: 1. There were some problems with logging on the FortiOS 4.2.6, i think it was corrected with 4.2.7, latest in now 4.2.8 2. The FAZ 4.3 is only supported by FortiOS 4.3

FCNSA, FCNSP
---
FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30B
FortiAnalyzer 100B, 100C
FortiMail 100,100C
FortiManager VM
FortiAuthenticator VM
FortiToken
FortiAP 220B/221B, 11C

FCNSA, FCNSP---FortiGate 200A/B, 224B, 110C, 100A/D, 80C/CM/Voice, 60B/C/CX/D, 50B, 40C, 30BFortiAnalyzer 100B, 100CFortiMail 100,100CFortiManager VMFortiAuthenticator VMFortiTokenFortiAP 220B/221B, 11C
Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors