Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
snarkito
New Contributor

Error message on portal " Error happened when downloading SSL-VPN client plugins..."

Hi everybody, I have updated my FG300C from v4.MR3 to v5 (following the updating path given by Fortinet). Everything is working, except for VPN-SSL. Since the migration, users connecting to the VPN-SSL portal receive a message " Error happened when downloading SSL-VPN client plugins, please contact your administrator for help." . Some Forticilent SSL-VPN doesn' t work anymore, but I expected it.. But even after a manual upgrade pf the client I got the message... even if the client works. It' s not possible to install the client directly from the browser how I use to do in V4MR3. I haven' t found a similar case in my search in the forum or the knowledge base. Do someone already had this kind of behaviour ? Thanks for your help. Regards Snarkito
5 REPLIES 5
Aigarz
New Contributor

Hi, Sorry about digging up the old thread, but did you manage to sort this out? Having same error and behavior on FG300C v5.2.1,build618 EDIT: As it was a pilot, reconfigured everything from scratch - and it works now.
PaulM1114
New Contributor III

Is the FortiGate managed by a FortiManager?
Aigarz
New Contributor

In my case – no.

Christopher_McMullan

Try again with OS 5.2.2 when it is released. Bug fixes related to downloading the client from the SSLVPN web portal have been checked into the builds between 5.2.1 and 5.2.2.

Regards, Chris McMullan Fortinet Ottawa

snarkito

Sorry for the late answer.

In my case it was a disk error.

Solve after replacing the device (and after struggling with support that was denying existence of the drive in my device !!!).

Snarkito

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors