Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Marcos_FDS1012
New Contributor III

Error connecting to a VPN takes down Fortinet Single Sing On Agent Configuration

I have a VPN from a client when I connect it disconnects my Fortinet Single Sing On Agent Configuration user, from what I saw it changes DNS network card to the client's VPN, would there be any way to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3
hgarara
Staff
Staff

Hello @Marcos_FDS1012,

Based on you description, it seems like you would like to prioritize machine's DNS over VPN? Please try using split DNS under vpn configuration. 

Split DNS for SSL VPN portals allows to specify which domains are resolved by the DNS server specified by the VPN, while all other domains are resolved by the DNS specified locally.

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Split-DNS-support-for-SSL-VPN/ta-p/194766

Thank you,
Hemil

Marcos_FDS1012

But this VPN is not my client's that I use to connect to his specific service. VPN name GlobalProtect

hgarara
Staff
Staff

Hello @Marcos_FDS1012,

Regardless if its a different VPN's DNS taking over your local DNS due to which you are facing issues with FSSO. They should be capable of using split DNS. 

If its not the case. Please elaborate the issue in detailed manner. 

Thank you,

Hemil

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors